Take a large deep breath...

In the last weeks, we have worked extensively and it was clearly time for some time off...Disappointed with Sharm el Vegas, we decided to head north to Dahab where the ambiance is known to be much more chilled and relax. The town is crowded with divers and windsurfers which changes radically the atmosphere. Some play cello on the beach, others horseback ride, while we... dived. Diving... something I had always heard of... but never had the opportunity to do. Known in Cairo as party people, it was time to become PADI people! Since we had only 3 days, we agreed with our instructor to race to get the precious license within this short timing meaning wake up 7.00 and intensive diving exercise until 17.00, yeahhh holidays... In the end it was an amazing experience and we all got it! Now I am looking forward to diving again to explore more of the underwater world. The region is tighlty controlled by the military force after the terrible events which took place last summer in Taba heigths and Sharm. Not all of them are focused...It is also time to introduce my beloved team! Once again, i have the pleasure to be working with two lovely ladies, Alexandra aka Alexandria and Winzi aka Scotchy (refering to her love for the scottish liquid...). Our flat has an egyptian touch and overlooks the city being on the 14th floor.Next to being our hangout, it s above all the office where the magic happens. That makes things easy but your job becomes a large part of your life, you enter a mode of living and thinking which increases dramatically your dependency towards woooorrk. It's a never-ending commitment, the line between "the day is over" and "one more thing to do" is rather thin. Egypt surprises us everyday and I hope you feel the power of the pharao's reading my lines... Don't miss next week's post: more on egypt to come right after the break: You'll get to see Alexandria a sif you were there, some party pictures and finally my parent's arrival, wowoooo, exciting in'it? Joyeuses Paques et bonne année a tous, take care and keep posting


Comments

Scotland said…
Everything OK where you are my friend? I saw news of the bombings and realised it'd not far from where the last ones were in Sharm.

Hope all is well in D'Oultreville. Try to avoid the bombs - I still indulge the thought now and then that I'll get another chance to have a few caipirinha with your good self ;-)
Scotland said…
Hello buddy,

apologies for not sending you that guide yet - the masters is in top gear at the moment with only 3 weeks left of this penultimate semester and I have been focusing on getting those damn essays written.

Anywho, this comment isn't really about the guide. The main purpose of getting in touch was to wish you a belated birthday and to pass on my best wishes. Keep on having an awesome time wherever you are posted (I know you will) and no doubt we'll have a chance to meet up sometime in the future.

I'll get the guide to you latest within the next month (30 days), but if you just can't wait, I suggest you right cliick on my blog, copy the source, and do some reconstructive forensics on the design. I appreciate you probably have shit to get done too, so if you don't mind waiting, I'll send you comprehensive instructions when I have the time to devote to it.

Peace and easy times,

Scotland

Popular posts from this blog

Catch Ahmet Polat, if you can…

Thoughtfull moment

Lynchpin of Middle Eastern politics